Leading Your Child to Success
Changing the Course of Your Family
We are all grateful for the children in our lives. We are hopeful their futures hold joy and success. But, how do we support them now to ensure they find that success in the future? Let Birth2Work show you how.
Leading Your Child to Success (
- Parents (expecting or those already with children any age, from infants to adults)
- Grandparents, Aunts, and Uncles;
- Teachers, counselors, or anyone in the service of children
From the comfort of your own home, and on your own time, take your virtual place at the table alongside eight diverse attendees of the Leading Your Child to Success course!
Organized in brief modules, the Birth2Work co-founders, Elane V. Scott
Each module consists of a presentation of new ideas by Rick and Elane, supported by a
We’ve created a stunning handbook with over 150 pages of exercises and extended material, giving you exclusive access to 30+modules of course content, included free when you enroll. At the completion of the course, your handbook will contain your personalized plan for leading your family to success!
- The difference between managing vs. leading and why the distinction matters for the ultimate well-being of your children;
- What the elements of successful children are and how they transform into successful adults;
- How to identify and transfer your family values around physical, financial, and emotional/spiritual behaviors using
The 3 Es: Environment, Experience, and Engagement;
- How to use the one-of-a kind Birth2Work Readiness Profile, a detailed timeline of your child’s development in five key areas: physical, cognitive, emotional development, social skills, and life skills;
- How to communicate effectively with your partner and your children to build trust and accountability;
- How to engage with your community in a meaningful way to give your children an understanding of their environment and their value in society;
- Why grandparents are critical to the healthy development of families and society as a whole;
- How Birth2Work can provide you with long-term support for the sustained success of your family.
The individual topics covered throughout the course may surprise you! Broadly, modules are organized into three topics:
Ensuring Parents and Family Alignment
- Managing and Leading
- How Your Role Changes Over Time
- The Importance of Family Values
- Your Purpose and Goals
- Family Practices and Policies
- Family Meetings
- Challenging Discussions
- Committing to a Leadership Plan
- The Growth Path from Birth to Work
- Windows of Opportunity
- Readiness Profile Examples
- Impact of Media
- Transferring Family Values and Culture
- How We Learn
- Learn by Doing
- How Living Space Impacts Learning
- Family Activities
Promoting Healthy Behaviors
- Ensuring Financial Success
- Healthy Bodies
- Emotional and Spiritual Health
Finding and Engaging the Right Support Team
- Building Your Values-Based Support Team
Interacting and Engaging with the Community
- Enabling the Future
- The Role of Parents in Education
- What You Want Your Kids to Learn at Their First Job
- Your Role in Shaping Expectations
- The Importance of Community
- Becoming a Mountain Guide
- Reviewing Your Plan
What Past Students Have Said:
“At first I had 110 reasons why I couldn’t make time for this class. After the class, I had 100 reasons why I needed to attend every time.”Panchi S.
“The best part of the class was the Readiness Profile because it helped me make a plan for what to do with my twin sons, just like I plan for my business.”Susana B.
” I learned that I was actually modeling the media behavior that I most wanted my children to stop.”Liz J.