family bonding challenge
Searching for ways to build a stronger bond with your family?
- Tired of watching the same show at every family pizza/movie night?
- Need ideas that are great for multiple age kids, including tweens and teens?
- Are you looking for ways to grow together not just do stuff side-by-side?
Then you’re in the right place! Scroll down to catch up on prior weeks.
Current: Week 13
Make an ultimate wish list of what would need to change to make distance learning feasible. Then start working backward of what realistic changes you might be able to achieve. Would a new workspace for yourself or your child make you both feel more excited? Could you take a 15 minute exercise break every 90 minutes? Would a visible schedule on the wall help keep everyone on track? Would an online course in organized homeschooling help you feel more prepared?
Think of this as a project wrap-up in your business world. It can be full of complaints but also identify the things that were successful too. The first page of our latest free resource has a template already set up for this exercise plus tons of other useful links.
We all need a massive exhale from these last few months. No one knows what’s happening from week to week let alone next fall. There is no magic switch to say “ok it’s all over now!” Things will be different for a long time. If your kids are too young to participate, do this with your partner. If your family has really liked this change and you want to pursue homeschooling for the indefinite future, this is still a worthy effort to check in and see what you want to continue doing going forward. The intentional time to reflect is a great thing for all of us.
Follow us on Instagram @family.life.coach to see more or join our newsletter below to have challenge reminders sent ot your inbox every week!
Your Family Survival Guide as Parent, Teacher, and Breadwinner During COVID-19
Inside you’ll find:
- a worksheet to assess the current situation in your family
- resources for mental and emotional support
- a huge list of activities, lesson plans, and virtual tours from around the world
- tips for specifically managing work and schooling
- resources for grandparents who want to be more involved while physically distant
get challenge updates sent directly to your inbox
Sign up for the Family Leadership Mailing List for a weekly roundup of our family bonding challenge, new blog posts, newsletters, course discounts, and member-exclusive freebies right in your inbox!